ABACUS PRODUCT INFORMATION
Importance of developing learning skills in children
In today’s competitive world, one of the crucial factors for progress is the skill required for the mechanics of learning. Very important factor called “Knowledge” is imparted in schools. After the formal education phase, knowledge is available through various media. A person who is equipped with the right skills required for acquiring this knowledge and applying the same in the work world will certainly see success. The essential learning skills that we are mentioning are concentration while studying, speed & accuracy (in calculation, reading, writing, etc.), memory retention & recall, visualization & creativity.
Studies have shown that about 85% of the growth of the human brain takes place between the age of 5 and 14 yrs. Brain cells that are stimulated before a child attains this age, will be utilized for the rest of his / her life. Learning skills that are imparted to a child of this age group will remain permanently with him / her.
The objective of our training programs is to develop learning skills in children between the age of 4 and 14 yrs.
The concept is to develop learning skills in children through the development of arithmetic skills using the abacus, which is an ancient counting and calculating device. Fundamental arithmetic operations viz., addition, subtraction, multiplication and division are solved using an abacus. Solving arithmetic problems using an abacus is a skill on its own.
When a child solves arithmetic problems using an abacus, his KVA (Kinesthetic, Visual and Auditory) skills improve dramatically. With the improvement in KVA skills, the skills required for the mechanics of learning improve.
During the training, a child will be made to solve arithmetic problems. The training is provided in nine levels of three months each. Initially a child will be trained in simple addition and subtraction of single digit numbers. The complexity of arithmetic problems increases with the progress of every level. Addition and subtraction of 2, 3, 4 and 5 digit numbers, multiplication of single, 2, 3 and 4 digit numbers, division of single, 2, 3 and 4 digit numbers, fractions, decimals numbers, etc., will be introduced at various levels.
Children will be trained to perform all these operations using the abacus physically as well as without the physical help of the abacus, gradually and level after level. They solve simple to complex arithmetic problems by visualizing the abacus. Hence their mental arithmetic skills improve drastically.
Though arithmetic is used extensively in the entire training program, the objective is not just improving a child’s arithmetic skills but improving a child’s overall academic performance by developing their learning skills.
In the entire process, number is the language and Abacus is the tool.
Development of the right brain by the abacus method of mental calculation
The human brain consists of the right brain and the left-brain. The shapes of these two parts are similar, but differences have been gradually found in their functions. The left-brain is also referred to as the digital brain. It controls reading and writing, calculation, and logical thinking. The right brain is referred to as the analog brain. It controls three-dimensional sense, creativity, and artistic senses. These two work together to allow us to function as humans. In the abacus method of mental calculation, the learners manipulate abacus beads in their head to carry out a calculation. This had led us to speculate that this operation is effective in training the right brain or the analog brain. Thanks to the development of cerebral physiology and machines that can accurately measure the amount of blood flow in the brain, recent studies have proven that the abacus method of mental calculation is extremely effective in activating the right brain.
The programs for developing learning skills using the Abacus are designed by Academicians, Educationists and personnel with decades of experience in children psychology. The programs are time-tested and are proved to be very effective. This is confirmed by the feedback obtained from thousands of parents cutting across various sections of the society.
Skills development in children using the Abacus methodology is a proven and time-tested program, which works effectively across all children in the age group of 4 to 14 yrs. This area of business gives us an opportunity to provide value education to children at an early age. It equips children with the right skills to face this competitive world with confidence. Putting the children in a positive frame of mind through innovative programs like ours is a constructive task.
BENEFITS OF ABACUS TRAINING TO CHILDREN
Solving arithmetic problems using abacus is a skill on its own. When a child solves arithmetic problems using abacus, his KVA (Kinesthetic, Visual and Auditory) skills improve dramatically. With the improvement in KVA skills, the skills required for the mechanics of learning improves.
Since Abacus is a skill, it needs to be practiced regularly. With practice of Abacus some of the benefits that can be seen are as follows:
• Improvement in problem-solving and mental arithmetic capabilities.
• Improvement in speed & accuracy in calculation, reading and writing.
• Numbers will not be abstract anymore and hence fear of numbers goes away.
• Improves concentration, memory and visualization.
• Improvement in academic performance.
• Learning will be a lot of fun.
• Enhances endurance, self-confidence and positive values.
• Develops a fine sense of sight & sound, finger movements and hand-eye coordination.
• Enhances creative & logical thinking and spatial reasoning.
BENEFITS TO THE PARENTS
- For teachers, it is a joy to teach children who learn with confidence.
• Since academic performance improves, parents are happy too.
• Home work, project work, extra curricular activities are no longer a burden on the child.
• With an affordable investment spread over two years, parents can expect their children to utilize the skills acquired for the rest of their lives.
• Parents and teachers can see their children flourish and see success in all spheres of life.
BENEFITS TO THE SCHOOL
- Students with good academic performance bring laurels and glory to the school.
• The school can take pride in moulding the future citizens of the country with good values.
• The school is creating an opportunity for children to flourish in life.
• The school is equipping their children with the right wherewithal to face competition from early years and to develop positive values in life.
Skills development in children using Abacus methodology is a proven and time-tested program, which works effectively across all children in the age group of 4 to 14 yrs. This area of work gives us an opportunity to provide value education to children at an early age. It equips children with the right skills to face this competitive world with confidence. Putting the children in a positive frame of mind through innovative programs like ours is a constructive task.
What is Abacus
Abacus, a mental maths concept is a brain development programme that originated in Japan. Abacus is modern representation of an ancient art of brain development to increase speed, creativity and memory skills which automatically results in students all over development and solid foundation for children.
Abacus is an amazing technique that assists students to perform basic arithmetic calculations accurately and quickly. This method activates right as well as left side of the brain and helps students in achieving very high calculation speeds. It helps students to improve their concentration, memory power and enhance their creativity and visualization power.
Abacus Training as per the following structure:
Types of Programme:
Junior champs :- For children aged 6 to 8 years
Senior Champs :- For children aged 8 & above years
Each Level is delivered in approximately 3 to 4 months under standard conditions with once a week classroom coaching of 2 hrs. followed by every day practice sessions per Level.
ABACUS is already becoming a popular trend in countries like Japan and China, is fast catching up in India as well.
A concept which has been around since centuries, the abacus is becoming a popular mental development tool once again.
How it Helps
1. It helps all round development for normal children aged 6 to 16.
2. It helps to develop concentration, listening and creativity in the child.
3. To eradicate the phobia of mathematics for school going children.
4. Improving mental calculations.
5. To master + – x :- with efficiency.
6. To enhance imaging skills.
7. To bring revolution in child’s education in india.
The Calculation Tool
Abacus is fundamentally a calculation tool. In the Anzan stage kids are visualizing the abacus to do calculations. This utilizes the left brain for logic and math and the right brain for visualizing the abacus, the beads and their position. An overview of the functions performed by Left vs Right given below:
|LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
|RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
ABACUS BRAIN STUDY
1. Neurologists say that we do not use our brain fully, we generally use the left part of the brain. But with abacus training we start using our right part also which ultimately results in superb activities.
2. Parents Opinion : Doing this course my child has improved concentration in all his subjects.
ABACUS will develop the following effects positively:-
* Information Processing
* Speed In Reaching And Listening